Name:
Location: Singapore

Sunday, November 28, 2004

What an early Sunday for me! At 6am, the phone alarm rang, waking all the lazy 'pigs' (me and my two cousins) up by sending a electricution charge through our heads. We've to reach the Suntec City Auditorium by 7.30am to line up in order to get better seats due to the prediction that the population waiting by then will be overwhelming, and of course, we do not want to be held in the TV room. Well what's happening? New Creation is having is first service held here at 9am, and given Singaporeans' expected behaviour, they would be lining up outside waiting to enter the auditorium just to get the front seats. It does reminds me of a concert of lets say 5566, whereby all the fans go crazy over such events and they are so willing to wait outside the concert hall or venue just for the chance of getting as close as they can to their idols. How about some peanuts to think about it? Crazy isn't it? It's just a Church service! Sometimes I do wonder if this is really a Church service I'm attending...

But so much for the day happenings, I do have some thoughts that came along which I think I do have to sit down and consider them. Yesterday I was reading through the Teenage magazine, it did gave me quite refreshing opinions of certain issues, and confirmation of other things too. I've began to feel confused about my feelings. On one side, I was going through my mind on what it takes to like someone. And the other side of it, I do not know what to do for a lot of things. The weather's been wet for quite some time, and I do start to think about her, esp when the cool winds gushes against my face, it's just like a trigger attempting at creating a chain of old thoughts within my mind. Then there will be this emptiness within, searching for an answer. I know where my heart tells me to go, but something's pulling me back from going all out for it. I guess I'll just have to wait for her...

The pastor today mentioned about giving today during the service. He said that if you want to marry, you have keep giving, for giving is a blessing. When you give a gift to your wife, it's not for the thank you that is intended, but rather its the willingness to give that is precious. He continued to mention that when you read certain texts in the bible, you as a husband do not read the verse 'Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord' Eph 5:22, and for the wives do not read the verse 'Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her' Eph 5:25. Husbands as husband are supposed to read the part that concerns them, which is to love their wves, and its the same concept for the wives. I was inspired by this, for I was questioning myself of unconditioned giving. The Lord saves us, and we are to be a blessing to others.

So I told myself that I would keep loving my wife regardless what happens to her. It seems difficult, but I believe that with the Lord, I will achieve that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home