a simple reminder
Lately I have found myself to be reluctant to study, revise, and to process the information learnt. I have avoided my revision schedule, and have fallen back on my work. Work has not been productive. And I know I need to improve.
And when I did my daily devotion today. I was reminded that we need to DO, and not just HEAR the Word. The creation of a beautiful garden is inspirational, but without perspiration, the beautiful garden would not become reality. This is very true and very relevant to everything in life, especially to the work I'm shunning away. The Christians that marvel and felt inspired by testimonies and uplifting music in church, but walk out of church having trouble finding time or difficulty making effort to follow through, James described them as being like those who look in a mirror, see themselves, but do nothing to fix what is wrong (James 1:23-24).
And to end of the daily bread's message for the devotion, 'Life works best when we do'.
That is what I'm going to carry out tomorrow onwards.
And when I did my daily devotion today. I was reminded that we need to DO, and not just HEAR the Word. The creation of a beautiful garden is inspirational, but without perspiration, the beautiful garden would not become reality. This is very true and very relevant to everything in life, especially to the work I'm shunning away. The Christians that marvel and felt inspired by testimonies and uplifting music in church, but walk out of church having trouble finding time or difficulty making effort to follow through, James described them as being like those who look in a mirror, see themselves, but do nothing to fix what is wrong (James 1:23-24).
And to end of the daily bread's message for the devotion, 'Life works best when we do'.
That is what I'm going to carry out tomorrow onwards.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home