For once...
For once, I have nothing on my mind. Guess it was just boredom or an attempt to avoid studying that made me write something here. I can't be for sure that I know I'm happy or sad, does introspection really justify that I know what I'm feeling right now? Plenty of thoughts run through my mind everyday, and I just can't catch up with them and have a short chat.
I'm pretty honest with my feelings, or perhaps I ain't... It does get confusing at times. Came to me once about love. People ask me if I have a girlfriend, and I have nothing to say, only a simple shake of my head. I look around me when I'm out, and I see those happy couples smiling and hugging each other, providing assurance and comfort to the opposite gender...and I began to think, that I might be like them one day. It's a strange feeling, of growing up...
I do admit that growing up is scary yet something you look forward to. We teenagers are just like kites, with string attached to our parents. As we grow older, the distance of the string gets longer, and eventually, the string breaks. That's when we are free from our parents' care and shelter. The world out there isn't exactly what we have always imagined in our dreams when we were young. There is much more to what's out there awaiting us. Sometimes, we just do not treasure the moments that we have with our parents, and when we don't get much of a chance, we regret.
One day when I see myself in that couple scene, I guess all these thoughts may seem so different...Times change, we all change... I may be experiencing what the adults deem as 'love' at that time, but would that exist if I don't know what it is like to love my parents and my friends? Isn't that love the same? It may be, it may not...Time will tell..
I'm pretty honest with my feelings, or perhaps I ain't... It does get confusing at times. Came to me once about love. People ask me if I have a girlfriend, and I have nothing to say, only a simple shake of my head. I look around me when I'm out, and I see those happy couples smiling and hugging each other, providing assurance and comfort to the opposite gender...and I began to think, that I might be like them one day. It's a strange feeling, of growing up...
I do admit that growing up is scary yet something you look forward to. We teenagers are just like kites, with string attached to our parents. As we grow older, the distance of the string gets longer, and eventually, the string breaks. That's when we are free from our parents' care and shelter. The world out there isn't exactly what we have always imagined in our dreams when we were young. There is much more to what's out there awaiting us. Sometimes, we just do not treasure the moments that we have with our parents, and when we don't get much of a chance, we regret.
One day when I see myself in that couple scene, I guess all these thoughts may seem so different...Times change, we all change... I may be experiencing what the adults deem as 'love' at that time, but would that exist if I don't know what it is like to love my parents and my friends? Isn't that love the same? It may be, it may not...Time will tell..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home