Argh...finished watching the latest episode of D-gray man on animia on channel central, and I can't catch it on tv for the next 3 weeks! Because I'll be away in taiwan..and they ended the episode at the turn of the event >.< annoying indeed. That's how they keep their viewers anticipating.
Anyway, I had a request today to drive the goods from sheng shiong to church for tomorrow, which i kindly declined for a number of appropriate and matured reasons. Hahax, maybe some other day when I'm more experienced.
Tomorrow evening's Covenant group discussion has been cancelled, much to my disappointment. It is because 4 of our classmates couldn't make it. I've been looking forward to the discussion, because I have some problems grasping some of the concepts the author was trying to convey. It's tough understanding loneliness vs solitude. It gets more 'chim' when I read the hostility to hospitality part. However, there are some parts of the content that really relates to myself. There's one that mentions our fear of being lonely, and how we often seek distractions, and to keep ourselves busy with things. I do feel quite lonely now...with friends in army, and most of them working. Those that aren't in both, we don't go out together. So that leaves me and myself, with my family, my dog, and my dear Lord.
Rejections, disappointments, worries, all these common and ever annoying emotions...really wish they don't exist. Expectations...that haven't been met. Desires..yet seems so far away. But the book advised that we face our pain. And not find those distractions to mask it. Bleahx...hard to grasp..and apply. It doesn't feel good to dwell in our sufferings, but the presence of such pain means it feels terrible...stuff that we want to avoid, cast aside, and banish, so that we would regain our happiness back. Such struggles, perhaps, is what we need to endure.
Oh anyway, those reflections aside, I would probably start retaining jokes in my brain, so I can have like a joke of the day database in my brain hahax..hope it stays there =D It would perk people's day up, at least at the right moments. But when people are down, we should share their troubles, and be with them in their sufferings. Usually people would tell optimistic stuff, but by being in their sufferings, we can then truly care for them. I need time to digest these concepts from the previous book, "Out of Solitude", by the same fella. Hahax..oh my, life's simple, but yet so complicated.
I think my face's pretty sunburned. Haha, that's because I went swimming at such a wrong timing, 11am to 12 noon. Guess I deserved it. No sunblock either. haha, I need to get into shape to prepare for army!
Gosh it's already february. 1 month's gone. A new year's coming, just that it's chinese. And we are in the leap year now. There's a new movie in cinemas to be opened on 29 Feb, it's called The Leap Years or something like that. I really wonder what kind of show it would turn out to be...
Always when it's past 12midnight, I can feel the tremors caused by some airplanes that fly past. It does feel like a super minor earthquake happening in somewhere far far away..
Gosh..I need to clear my mind now..
Anyway, I had a request today to drive the goods from sheng shiong to church for tomorrow, which i kindly declined for a number of appropriate and matured reasons. Hahax, maybe some other day when I'm more experienced.
Tomorrow evening's Covenant group discussion has been cancelled, much to my disappointment. It is because 4 of our classmates couldn't make it. I've been looking forward to the discussion, because I have some problems grasping some of the concepts the author was trying to convey. It's tough understanding loneliness vs solitude. It gets more 'chim' when I read the hostility to hospitality part. However, there are some parts of the content that really relates to myself. There's one that mentions our fear of being lonely, and how we often seek distractions, and to keep ourselves busy with things. I do feel quite lonely now...with friends in army, and most of them working. Those that aren't in both, we don't go out together. So that leaves me and myself, with my family, my dog, and my dear Lord.
Rejections, disappointments, worries, all these common and ever annoying emotions...really wish they don't exist. Expectations...that haven't been met. Desires..yet seems so far away. But the book advised that we face our pain. And not find those distractions to mask it. Bleahx...hard to grasp..and apply. It doesn't feel good to dwell in our sufferings, but the presence of such pain means it feels terrible...stuff that we want to avoid, cast aside, and banish, so that we would regain our happiness back. Such struggles, perhaps, is what we need to endure.
Oh anyway, those reflections aside, I would probably start retaining jokes in my brain, so I can have like a joke of the day database in my brain hahax..hope it stays there =D It would perk people's day up, at least at the right moments. But when people are down, we should share their troubles, and be with them in their sufferings. Usually people would tell optimistic stuff, but by being in their sufferings, we can then truly care for them. I need time to digest these concepts from the previous book, "Out of Solitude", by the same fella. Hahax..oh my, life's simple, but yet so complicated.
I think my face's pretty sunburned. Haha, that's because I went swimming at such a wrong timing, 11am to 12 noon. Guess I deserved it. No sunblock either. haha, I need to get into shape to prepare for army!
Gosh it's already february. 1 month's gone. A new year's coming, just that it's chinese. And we are in the leap year now. There's a new movie in cinemas to be opened on 29 Feb, it's called The Leap Years or something like that. I really wonder what kind of show it would turn out to be...
Always when it's past 12midnight, I can feel the tremors caused by some airplanes that fly past. It does feel like a super minor earthquake happening in somewhere far far away..
Gosh..I need to clear my mind now..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home