Name:
Location: Singapore

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Back to church

I feeling the momentum of going back to church diligently this year. My new fellowship teacher is Elder Fuping, who happens to be my discipleship teacher last year. Does feel like I'm attending a second discipleship class. She made us pen down our New Year resolutions, and I shall replicate them here as well:

-To complete all my homework on time, and study smartly with doubley effort.

-Physical fortitude in badminton. This would be my last year playing competitive badminton, so I want to give the Nationals my best shot.

-To read the entire bible properly with focus 2 times within this year, so that I can learn more about His Word.

-To improve on my relationships with friends in school and church, as well as my family.

I stopped thinking halfway because Elder Fuping went ahead with class to discuss the impact of today's sermon in our lives. Today's sermon is titled, "Promises bring challenges", and we are reminded to rely on God and not on our own abilities. This means I have to cast my burdens to Him, and not depend on my individual wits.

We eventually embarked on a new topic with reference to the book of James. Written for the 12 tribes in Israel then, James reminded them about how they should lead their lives. We draw parallels to that scripture closely. When we are faced with trials, as a Christian we should pray to God in order to remind ourselves who we are, and that He is our creator, in order that we find joy in experiencing such tribulations.

There's Biology debate tomorrow, and we're not exactly prepared for it. Pretty daunting for a thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home