Name:
Location: Singapore

Saturday, September 27, 2008

A little sniplet of life

Met up with June, Cindy, and Val yesterday afternoon for lunch to catch up with them. It was a time for the 3 of them (who went to 3 different universities) to come back, sit down and chit chat. Cindy had to leave early for a funeral, and when I found out who the person was, I was shocked. Life is so unpredictable. One moment you turn your head away, and that person may depart for another world unreachable with our human hands.

Joined some of my family members for dinner at night. Those present were my grandparents, all 3 aunts (including Aunt May from the US), Shawn, Pei Tian and his mom, and my parents. The meal was extremely disappointing and unworthy of the hefty 240 bucks paid for 8 dishes (which were either out of taste, or tasteless). I ate just 2 bowls of plain rice without touching the dishes (Most of them are seafood, so I had to avoid most of the dishes >.<) But putting the terrible meal aside, it was a time when I saw 3 generations share this common feeling of helpless sadness. My grandma was telling my dad about how she couldn't control the shiver from her legs and lower lips. As she was sharing, my dad teared, so did my grandpa, and eventually myself. The 3 of us (grandpa, dad, and me) sat right beside each other, and I took a snapshot of it. I saw that care, love, that surfaced in the eyes of the generations before me. And I begun to appreciate the family I have. Enjoy and treasure every single moment I have with them, as God may take them on separate journey in His time. I pray that God will watch over my family, and shower them with His love and mercy.

Woke up at 5.55am this morning, and went to fetch Nat from her house to ECP to join me in my devotion under the sunrise from the eastern horizon, as we munched on our Mcdonald's breakfast. It was a good moment spent with a fellow Christian, and we shared some verses learnt in our devotion. I thank You Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home